hello//archives//goodbye

Friday, February 13, 2015

midnight

here's a poem i came across not too long ago.. 
understand, i'll slip quietly
away from the noisy crowd
when i see the pale
stars rising, blooming, over the oaks. 
i'll pursue solitary pathways
through the pale twilit meadows,
with only this one dream:
you come too.
(pathways rainer maria rilke
and i copied it down, every single line, and underneath i wrote,
even in my quiet moments, my lonely hours and my solitary days -
i want you with me in the stillness and in the silence.

--
but what i'm trying to say is.. 
i hear your love most clear in your late night phone calls
you would ask guess where am i?
and i know you will be at the park. behind you, all i can hear are crickets and your dog's bell and ice against the glass of cold brew in your hand. i know you will be the only one sitting on the bench, under the streetlamp and the stars, alone.
but you call me,
and i will walk away from my books and lie down in an empty room with the lights off and my eyes closed, and we will talk:
about our days, about the people we cherish, about our fathers,
about forgiving and opening up closed hearts,
and we will listen to our breathing,
while you watch your dog play and i miss the warmth of both fur and skin. 
so, what i really want to say is..
thank you for inviting me in, when you are walking away from everybody else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something