hello//archives//goodbye

Friday, February 21, 2014

north



if my heart was a compass, you'd be north
if my heart was a house, you'd be home

and you are north,
the point i keep coming back to,
no matter where i go, no matter what treasure or what temptation i find out there in the seven seas,
i keep coming back to you.

and it really does feel like coming home.
but it feels a little strange, like the locks have been changed, like there are new secrets for me to learn
but as long as you're willing to give me the keys, i will be willing to memorize all your scars and their stories.

2 comments:

  1. stumbled upon this.. thought it was beautiful. just like you, and all you are, on your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I have been avoiding this song for the plague for years now :Y

    ReplyDelete

tell me something