hello//archives//goodbye

Monday, September 10, 2012

Love

The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.


1 Timothy 1:5

Joash, my ever awesome youth leader suggested that we read 1 Timothy as a start.
I never had the habit of reading my bible daily. So, last night, after cramming a little bit of bio, I thought I'd start making it a nightly routine.
I opened my bible, thinking I'd read five verses before I go to sleep.

And the fifth verse just hit me in the face. I've been praying for something for a while and this felt like an answer or at least, an acknowledgement.

And this is so magical, so special because it's the first time I've ever felt the bible speak to me. Really. So many people have told me how the bible speaks to them and everything but I've never felt that way.

I feel so blessed, and so, so happy HAHAHHAHA.

And now, I wonder..
is my heart pure?
is my conscience good and clear?
is my faith sincere and true and unfeigned?


i'm a work in progress :)

4 comments:

  1. I knowz how you feelz. hahahah we were having this sermon in church too on a study of corinthians where they were talking about spiritual attacks and our weapons of defence are obedience, purity of heart and something else, I forgot. but it makes you wonder if you are any of these things lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a leeetle different but essentially, yes :/ it makes you wonder.

      Delete
  2. Haha, finally transform. Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something