hello//archives//goodbye

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

scripted

"Is that all you can say?"
"What am I supposed to say?"
"Do I have to write the script?"

Forever Judy Blume

You know that disappointed look people get when the wrong words come through your lips?
And that feeling when your heart sinks and you wish you could just swallow them back?
And breath new ones and hopefully put a smile on that face instead?

Yeah, I wish life could be scripted.
That we could have as many rehearsals as it takes to get us ready for the real thing.
But no, there would no surprise then, there would be no emotion save for those we fake.

But people and their expectations and their feelings and their hopes,
it's hard to know what to say sometimes, most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't need script , I need a manual to deal with idiots of this world though...

    ReplyDelete

tell me something