hello//archives//goodbye

Monday, September 12, 2011

of science and fiction

Physics was the first of the natural sciences to become fully modern and highly mathematical. Chemistry followed in the wake of physics, but biology, the retarded child, lagged far behind. Even in the time of Newton and Galileo, men knew more about the moon and other heavenly bodies than they did about their own.

the Andromeda Strain, Michael Crichton

That quote made me laugh inside, smile outside and wonder up in my head, what my Science teachers would make of that.

I like that statement about biology being the retarded child and the irony of the last sentence HEE.
I just realized what a geek i am 8D

1 comment:

  1. Cool...now we know our very existence can be explained by a retarded child

    ReplyDelete

tell me something